Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment (Aama Vatha Chikilsa)
Pain management and improved movement
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic systemic inflammatory disorder disease. Mainly the middle age people are usually suffers from this disease.Women are mostly effected than in men. But there is a possible chance that children too, may get affected by this disease. Tissues and organs are likely to get affected in ones body, but principally it attacks
the joints producing a inflammatory synovitis that often progresses to destruction of the articular cartilage and ankylosis of the joints. In Ayurveda, rheumatoid arthritis is known as "Sandhi Vata.
The Rheumatoid arthritis disease may also responsible for diffuse inflammation in the lungs, pericardium, pleura, and sclera, and also nodular lesion, which is most common in subcutaneous tissue under the skin. Although the cause of rheumatoid arthritis is unknown, autoimmunity plays a pivotal role in its chronicity and progression.
The standard medication for Rheumatoid arthritis may not be very helpful. As a result the condition becomes chronic, or treatment may have significant side effects. In such cases Ayurvedic herbal treatment may be very useful and effective because medicines may be taken for long periods without any serious side-effects.
Ayurvedic treatment of rheumatoid arthritis consists of the following procedures:
- Snehan - use of local and oral medicated lubricantsSwedan (local fomentation)
- LEP (Local application of medications)
- Anuloman (mild laxative treatment for prolonged periods)
- Raktamokshan (bloodletting)
- Dahan (local heat branding)
- Shaman (symptomatic oral treatment).
- Diet Fresh vegetables and vegetarian food to be consumed. Dairy products, sweets, oily foods, junk and fast foods, salty and sour foods, jaggery, black gram, fish, cold drinks and ice creams are to be avoided.
- Life style- Cold breeze and excessive wind is not recommended. Warm water should use at the time of bath. Take a gentle walk after consumption of food.
- Medicines - In treatment of 'Amavata' Guggulu is the most effective drug. Also herbal preparations of Ashwagandha, Haritaki, Rasna, Sunthi, Pippali and Trivrut are helpful.
Panchakarma Therapy - Is the process of purification by which toxins are eliminated and proper blood circulation is improved.
Includes combination of any two or three of the following therapies depending upon the body condition of the guest.
|Steam bath||Internal herbal medicines||
Therapy will be under the supervision of the attending Ayurvedic Physician.
Call us today on Tel: 03 9886 6460 or fill out the following Ayurvedic Package enquiry form to have one of our specialist consultants advise on the best treatment for you.